What does School Breakfast get you Ready for?
New this year is a drawing contest, where students will have the opportunity to answer the question “What does School Breakfast get you ready for?” by completing the blank “School Breakfast – Ready Set Go ______!” and illustrating their answer on the contest entry form.
Three national winners will receive a prize pack. The local contests will run January 1, 2010 to March 12, 2010, and national entries are due March 31, 2010.
- The Ready Set Go! contest has local and national rounds of competition. All entries by students must be made to a local competition (to be organized by and held in schools). Please note that the only way to enter this contest is through a participating school, you cannot enter the national contest directly.
- The art contest centers on the student’s concept and artwork. Students (from grades 1-12) should fill in the blank “School Breakfast – Ready Set Go ______!” and illustrate their answer the official contest entry form using a traditional drawing or sketch.
Entries must be original, not plagiarized and not evocative of any existing commercial characters so as not to infringe any copyrights or trademarks.
- The School Nutrition Association (SNA) is encouraging schools across the nation to hold local Ready Set Go! contests. School Nutrition Professionals or other participating school officials can enter 3 overall winners per participating school to the national contest. Please note that students cannot enter the national contest directly, they must be nominated by a School Nutrition Professional or school official.
- To judge the national contest, a panel of judges will select three overall winners, based on pre-established criteria which will be published as part of the official contest rules.
- Three national winners will receive a prize pack.
- Local school contests can run from January 1, 2010 to March 12, 2010, and national entries are due March 31, 2010.
Contest Overview (pdf)
Student Entry Form (pdf)
Official Rules (pdf)